20 July 2012
On my walk each morning I stop and stare at the same creek from two vantage points: on either side of the street that hides its presence. Of course, each view is always new, because the water, light, debris (natural or not), reflections, and wildlife are constantly changing.
On Monday morning the sky was performing a delicious array of cloud formations that radiated up from the creek and kept me watching. I moved from one side to the other, and that second view is what I posted in the Lens section. It’s one of five shots that I took of those memorable reflections.
This image is a thank-you to Joanna at “Ancient Foods: Exploring the Origins of Food & Drink Around the World.” I am heartened that she nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog” Award. I’ve been reading her posts for months, and find them packed with fascinating information that brings the past into the present. Please visit her here. I am truly appreciative that she nominated me.
Here are the rules for the “One Lovely Blog” Award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post. (Check)
2. Nominate 8 bloggers you admire. (Below)
3. Leave a message on your nominees’ blog. (Check)
4. Put the logo of the award on your blog site. (Check)
5. Share 7 things about yourself. (Below)
Seven things about myself:
1. I read several books at once, and it can take time to complete one or all.
2. I’d love to be able to eat entirely from my (spring through early winter) gardens.
3. I love to cook.
4. I’m a fan of Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart.
5. Art Nouveau and Art Deco architecture and design are favorites.
6. I could read daily the essayist and philosopher Michel de Montaigne’s works.
7. I’ve seen Pride and Prejudice (with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy) over and over and over.
My nominees (not in any particular order) are:
1. http://abrahampacana.wordpress.com (Abe Pacana Photography Blog) by Abe
2. http://munchow.wordpress.com (Munchow’s Creative Photo Blog) by Otto
3. http://lightrhythms.wordpress.com (light rhythms essays) by William
4. http://artyoldbird.com (Arty Old Bird) by Val
5. http://anantiquarianspersonage.wordpress.com (An Antiquarian’s Personage) by Jessica
6. http://gardeninginthelines.wordpress.com (Gardening in the Lines) by Erin
7. http://jennirey.wordpress.com (Jennirey) by Jen
8. http://blog.lushpupimages.com (Pictures with Words) by Geoffrey
This nomination is simmering through my synapses, giving me a moment to pause and be grateful for my Followers and those who stumble upon my photographs and words. “Reflections from Bridge” is synonymous with my reaction after receipt of Joanna’s message about the award: it prompted introspection about this blogging life that connects people through their vision of the world.
Note: I welcome any comment about this post or any part of this blog.