08 February 2011
Witch Hazel spreading cheer in early February.
I want to thank Arley for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger award. Blogging is a new passion for me, and it’s oh so sweet to be selected. Arley is a professional photographer and graphic specialist, and he has much to share about the art of photography; see his blog at http://shootabout.com/
The process of blogging–the sharing of one’s individual view of the world through images and words–has been its own reward. I’ve met and am meeting people from my own country (USA) and others throughout the world. It’s a joy and continues to entrance me. Add to the mix this nomination by another blogger, and I am in blogging heaven.
What are my responsibilities as a nominee:
1. Add the Versatile Blogger Award photo on my blog. (Check)
2. Thank the person who gave me this award. Include a link to his/her blog. (Check)
3. Select 10 blogs/bloggers that I’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (Below)
4. Nominate those 10 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award and include a link to the site. Contact my nominees and give them the news. (Done)
5. Share 7 things about myself. (Below)
Nominees: (In no particular order)
1. Ana Lucia Silva at 1001 Scribbles
2. Ehpem at Burnt Embers
3. Steve Schwartzman at Portraits of Wildflowers
4. Katie’s Camera Blog
5. Gracie at Frames & Focus
6. Jennifer M. Darling at for the Love of Nike
7. Cameron Karsten’s Imaginarium
8. Scott at Little Crum Creek
9. Anita Mac at Travel Destination Bucket List
10. Polly at Watching the Photo Reel Go Round and Round
Seven Things about Myself:
1. Since I was in ninth grade, I’ve been reading the New York Times. I am especially addicted to the Sunday issue, which I have rarely missed over the umpteen years.
2. My passions include: blogging, gardening, nature, photography and writing. Add walking too.
3. I have a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts from the University of Delaware.
4. My world spins around with my two incredibly fabulous grandchildren.
5. I volunteer for the local nature center. As a backyard steward, I advise and assess people’s properties to help them incorporate native plants and wildlife habitats.
6. I am taking a food writing course at my alma mater.
7. 2012 is a year for more travel, which I long to do.
Well, there it is just a few things about me.
Finally, it is important to say that yesterday’s nomination made my day. I salute my nominees, and hope that they feel my excitement and humbling.
Note: As always I welcome any comment about any part of this post or my blog.